Ads Top

Chicken Soup for the Soul!

obligatory journal 328 & Foodie Friday 022
Chicken Soup with Udon Noodles
Never knew how to do a proper chicken soup before but in time, slowly but surely...
Trying to do as much as I could to make the dish as screenshot-worthy as I could.

With base cooking oil and margarine, I then boiled the chicken on low temperature, using the essence coming out of them to my advantage. I always wonder where that rich taste came from, and it's from the chicken itself! Sure, you need to add more spices and (natural) additives to have it taste 'bland', but that I'm proud to learn how to get that thick broth all by myself! P.S. Oh, here's another tip: when you got your cuts home straight from the market, I always soak them in water first and foremost and use it for the broth later. Both frozen and fresh would work for me.

I always use peppers and salt to season all of my cooking, generous on the former and just a pinch on the latter.

Vegetables are always hard to be included into my cooking since I didn't really learn how to cook them, so I had to include them as sides and garnishes for the most part. In this instance, I used tomatoes and mushrooms to balance the nutrients in each serving.

Ah, mushrooms are a lifesaver! Each different type has their own distinct taste so I'm just happy to try each of them in each different dish, just to spice it up.

Speaking of which, us here in Malaysia have rice as our staple food but since I don't want it to feel stale, having that only source of starch every day, I want to differentiate in any way I can at least every other day. From yellow Maggi noodles, to wet noodles, from rice noodles and now Udon noodles! Tasted most closely to the ones used for laksa... but I never had it before and thankfully I did finally!

Trying to feel fancy a bit, I used fried shallots and chili flakes for the garnishes... and they worked here, right?! 

a case for the homemade dish:
+ Positives +
Delicious, rich soup
? Main contention ?
The broth is always the biggest variable.
- Negatives -
I did use some ready-made seasonings... all those works for fresh shallots and onions would be too time-consuming!
! Warning !
Just don't eat too much! I know I was tempted to!
j preferred way of eating f
With a fork and a spoon. My younger brother always uses chopsticks... I need to learn to use them in time!
* sense of touch & taste *
the rich broth, the tender chicken and the smooth noodles.
 <+> 
...
RM
Hm... around RM 8...?
? Value ?
+ simple yet filling dish + new kind of noodle +/- esspecially rich broth = +90%!
--
- x -
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.