Ads Top

... and get down to eat...

 CYOA 001b1 [pen-to-paper] <idea> the Branch [imgur]

Table of Contents:
001b1 - You are here.

Disclaimer: This particular branch starts from the 'a' stalk from the 001 root. So hopefully that clear things up.

So... I leave it all to you! How do you see the story progresses? To those who see this post anyway, and those actually interested enough to post a continuation to the story, please post your suggestion in the prepared space below.

If you're out and about though, please wear a mask and have physical distancing (you can still be social) while we're still in this epidemic all over the world. Please be responsible and care for each other!
-

~ SO001b1a

I can't still make heads or tails on what happened before but I know I can at least satiate my hunger downstairs right now. Blinking my eyes that are now open brightly after fully rested, I spring off the bed into my shoes at the left side and into my overcoat that is hanged at the right, quickly get out of the room after locking the door behind me. Feeling a little bit chilly after waking up the second time, I feel I need the extra layer to keep me warm up at least. I hope I won't look too out of place among the others... Walking through the mezzanine corridor alone and down the stairs slowly, my steps are not making much sound at all, barely a response from the hardwood floor of a suspected Victorian-era building. As always, I try to be as fully prepared as I can before diving into a job but I couldn't find any information on the building itself anywhere despite my darnedest effort. Not even a mention on the district registry or anything. Only the pamphlet that accompanied the letter is the sole source of info for me. Where are they exact-

Oh, I'm here already. I tried to take my time while having this train of thought, but here I am in front of the door of what I presume is the dining room, since I could hear the clattering of cutlery and indistinct chatter on the other side. On my right is the front door of the manor itself. Hey, it would be great to step out and take in a morning breather while appreciating the scenery  that I couldn't soak in last night. I could just step into this room right in front of me and enjoy the food and the company as well, although I'm not much of a people person. I always have a plan and then get distracted with something else. What's up with that?! I should stop deliberating and start choosing. Dear boy...
 
~


~ SO001b1b

Just like how I took my time to fill in my sleep quota, I should take my time in the bathroom. Ooh, the tiles are warm, that's nice surprise. Feeling a bit chilly now after waking up, this would certainly help. Let me check myself in the mirror first before deciding on what to do next. Ugh, what happened to me other day? I look like I went through a lot! My face is sunken and there's still visible bags under my eyes despite the amount of sleep I just had. There's no bruises or scratches at least, so that's a positive! I was imagining the worse last night, something happened that's so traumatic that I block it out of my mind completely. I don't think I suffer any injury at all so it's all peachy now... right? Anyway, since I'm already here, I should at least clean myself up properly, to wash away any possible foreign materials from yesterday that might still cling onto my body. I feel the need to anyway. The shower goes down smoothly and I'm in and out in a flash, leaving my dirty clothes in the sink and changing into something new out of the suitcase. I'll get to that later since I don't want to waste any more time in my room, satiating my morning hunger as soon as possible.

I lock the door behind me and walk down straight to the dining room, opening the door right away to be met with a lively atmosphere full of conversing customers and cluttering of cutlery. Me entering the space does not appear to distract any of them since they are preoccupied with their meals and the staff walking around catering to them certainly help to mask my entry among the bodies. A need to take a seat overwhelms me hence I took a quick glance up and see two chairs around the grand table that is still unoccupied, one closer to you to your left and the other further back to your right. Come on, come on, you should sit down right now! Pick one! Pick one! Right now, dear boy!

~

Here they are the current four branches! Would I go through the trouble and extend them to eight? That would take even longer than a week, but we'll see...

~


Just as I've said before, this process is the most difficult yet! It took way too long for each eight (yes, eight!) branch that I couldn't focus on anything else throughout the week. I finished writing for the weekdays despite the constant writer's block. It was daunting too see the blank space for the then eight unwritten parts, but slowly but surely I chipped at it bit by bit until the notepad was fully filled to my satisfaction. The weekend spent sketching, drawing and colouring in visual accompaniments. Now to put them in their respective columns here... Well, I hope to see you for the next chapters!


~
Thank you for your time and please do come back for more. Assalamualaikum and good bye! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.