Ads Top

It finally happened...

obligatory journal 453
Dear Diary #095 | October 10th, 2022

Having the cats at the back in the open is really daunting just for one reason: monitor lizards.

Not actually that dangerous for the grown ones since they could take care of themselves despite being smaller in size... it's the kittens.

I dreaded the day when the lizard would actually crawl past the fearless, protective mother and grab one of her defenseless children... and while there a couple of close call before, it actually happened yesterday.

The sound of kerfuffle and the high-pitched shriek of the cat would bring me right away to the area at the back, and this time I was greeted with the lizard actually able to catch one of them in its mouth and trying to get away with it right away.

I had to quickly open the lock to the gate and scrounge around for a makeshift weapon, actually found a long PVC pipe as a blunt spear, and quickly chase it down the drain. When I saw it trying to drown the kitten in the shallow water, I knew I still had a chance to save it, and just keep on driving the aforementioned pipe on its head until finally it dropped it! Got a towel to wrap it around the shellshocked kitten and was happy to see it's only bleeding from its mouth just a little, nothing else. Lucky us!


- -
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.