Ads Top

Oh, that's actually true!

obligatory journal 465
Dear Diary #099 | November 13th, 2022

I believe I've told this before... Whenever I am done with a round of basketball in the evening, I would always hang my shoes on the grate of the gates in front of the house to air them out. It works since they don't smell too bad at all so I keep doing it.

Usually I would just pile them up on the chairs just behind the gate since I am always too lazy to tie up the laces and put them in the shoe boxes... and there's an instance of a guy coming to the gate, asking me to buy some shoes from me. Since it looked like a bundle shop considering the dozens of shoes I had there at that time, I didn't blame him for trying.

I would never sell back anything that I bought. Just like my late mother, I would just give them away as a good deed, "bekal untuk bawa ke mati".I let him chose one of the pair that I'm using (I think it was Nike KD 10) and just give them to him. He did told me the story of his life so to speak, about traveling for work and leaving their family behind, and so on and so forth. That was months ago... and then he arrived again days ago, with his actual family in tow! I was just nodding in agreeement to be polite then but seeing his wife and daughter hitching a ride on his bike this time around, I guess he was telling the truth.

Now he's going to work driving a kontena, he needed working shoes to go into the course right away. Since the shoes earlier were more of for sport, I chose a Black Converse for him, and it fit perfectly on him. I used to use one before until they wore off but since I am more comfortable with basketball shoes now, I really don't mind him keeping them, especially if they're going to be put to good use.

Good luck, sir. I really didn't ask for his name, btw... 

- -
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.