Ads Top

Considered my feathers ruffled. | Journal

obligatory journal 486
Dear Diary #111 | May 24th, 2023
I couldn't help myself...

... It's just... when you disrespect my religion like that, it certainly is a taboo subject that launched me on an emotional outburst against the offender.

I was playing when the azan for Maghrib started to bellow out from the surau right beside the court... and then I heard someone started honking their bike's honk. I turned around and gave a stern a warning not to do it again, but... they actually did it, again.

That's when something broke in me.

I couldn't concentrate on the game and ended up losing it, but I was too livid to care and started to charge towards them, but they already sped off on their bike. It's still burning inside me so I berated their teammates that were still there, telling them to (ask them to) apologize for not respecting the azan.

   I was in good terms with these high schoolers so maybe they thought I was just playing around during that first remark, but they knew they were mistaken after the second. I know I was wrong as well for shouting during the azan, but I thought I was in the right because I was trying to educate them, in a rage-induced sermon.

Now it's kind of at a stalemate... 

- - -
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.